A nurse entrepreneur is a nurse who uses their training, knowledge and medical expertise as a nurse to create and develop their own businesses within the healthcare field through the use of creativity, business systems, problem solving and successful investing strategies.
By creating successful businesses within the healthcare system nurse entrepreneur’s help push the development of better technology, software and healthcare standards of the not only today’s healthcare systems but the business standards and innovations of their competitors in order to provide the world with a higher quality of life, cheaper medical care and faster treatment.
These nurses use their expertise to develop advanced medical applications, medical devices, information systems, healthcare products and services, communication software, medical record tracking software and a host of other medical aide devices and services that can be used to improve the lives of healthcare providers and patients throughout the world.
Here is a list of some of the technology that may be developed by nurse entrepreneurs:
- Computer and smart phone medical applications
- Medical devices and technology to improve patient mobility and patient examinations
- Communication software that allows doctors, physicians, nurses and healthcare providers to share information with each other and their patients
- Electronic medical record keeping and tracking software that provides instant information on patient medical histories, medical conditions, allergies and significant health problems
- Information products and software that can be used to give healthcare professionals vital up to minute information on the latest healthcare trends, procedures, practices and the application of new and existing medical technology.
Because nurse entrepreneurs are business people they require many of the same talents and skills of most business minded individuals including the ability to find a financially viable niche, develop products and/or services that their customers want, obtaining capital to fund their investments and developing teams to help them carry out their business plans.
Nurse entrepreneurs must not only have a strong desire to help others in the nursing field; they must also have a desire and the perseverance to create business systems that improve the lives of the patients and healthcare providers they wish to serve and the ability to deal with setbacks, failures and hard times.
Nurse entrepreneurs must be self motivated, well-educated and be focused on solving the problems of those around them in order to succeed in this field of nursing.
They are their own bosses which means they are accountable for the success and/or failure of their ventures and their income is often dependent on their successes, however those who have the ability to weather the storm and push through the many obstacles business owners face also have the ability to change the landscape of healthcare and improve the lives of millions.
By pushing the limits of healthcare innovation customers, healthcare providers and patients can benefit from improved healthcare technology, services and standards, and by growing businesses within the healthcare field nurse entrepreneurs can also provide new jobs for those who want to succeed and are in need of an employer with a vision of a healthy future.